Here at Elite Container Storage on the Gold Coast we can appreciate that moving house is not something many of us look forward to. But with a little forward planning, and our helpful moving checklist, your next move will be a breeze!
- Book a removalist well in advance, 4 to 6 weeks is a safe bet to ensure you’re able to secure someone’s services.
- Clean out and declutter your garage and spare rooms to avoid paying to have unwanted items relocated.
- Purchase ample packing boxes, tape and packing material – a good rule of thumb is to buy 50% more than you think you’ll need, just to be safe. You can always sell the excess supplies on Gumtree later if need be.
- If you’re renting, make arrangements for your bond and carpet cleaning to take place the day after your removalists come. This will give you plenty of time to address any issues raised by the renting agent.
- Pack essential items like bedding, towels and toiletries in easy to identify boxes to ensure you’re not rummaging through boxes after a long day of moving.
- Arrange for the electricity, internet, telephone and gas services to be connected to your new property asap to avoid having to unpack in the dark.
- Measure all doorways and furniture to ensure that your current lounge suite, dining room table and wardrobes will be able to make it into your new home.
- If you are moving into a rental, conduct your entry report before your furniture arrives – this will allow you to spot any existing damage to floors and walls etc before they’re concealed
- Stock up on water and food for moving day and pack them into an esky filled with ice – moving is hard, thirsty work and you’ll need the energy!
- If you have children, arrange for them to be looked after on moving day otherwise be prepared to hear the phrase “i’m bored” for the entire day.
- Downsizing? If you’ll have less space in your new home then consider using a Gold Coast storage facility (like ours!) to store non essential items such as Christmas trees, golf clubs, lawn mowers, spare beds and any other items you don’t use on a daily basis.
There you have it… With a little preparation your next move will be painless and hassle free. If you have any other questions about moving your possessions into our shipping container storage units on the Gold Coast, give us a call on 0450193194.